The Hospital Research Foundation is the charity for every South Australian.
In times of crisis, we are here fighting for you and your loved ones. In 2020, we supported a number of projects to help flatten the curve of the COVID-19 global pandemic and care for vulnerable members of the community.
- Support for a collaborative of South Australian scientists and clinicians – linked to the RAH Intensive Care Unit, RAH Infectious Diseases Unit and Women’s & Children’s Hospital – to investigate how COVID-19 immunity works and use these insights to develop a vaccine
- The purchase of one of the drugs to be used in a national clinical trial as a potential treatment for COVID-19
- Testing new “field” ventilators which will help developing countries deal with the pandemic
- Setting up an extensive Telehealth service for vulnerable Cystic Fibrosis patients so they can avoid visiting hospital and putting themselves at risk
- Delivering more than 130 care hampers to SA Pathology and hospital frontline workers to thank them for their efforts
- Providing a grant to a local charity which had been forced to close because of coronavirus, so they can now continue their service helping disadvantaged new mothers
- Investigating the wellbeing and mental health of the South Australian community pre and post COVID-19 to inform future public health support
With your support of the Hospital Research Home Lottery, we can continue to fight COVID-19 and the other deadly diseases and illnesses affecting our community.